Organic farming should be the first choice;
- to protect following generations,
- to prevent the negative effects of chemicals on people, environment and animals,
- to ensure the sustainability of soil productivity taking into consideration the environmental conditions,
- to prevent the erosion of soil and genetic resources,
- to protect the amount and quality of water,
- to use renewable energy resources and save energy,
- to protect the health of people working in the production and farming enterprises ,
- to increase the security of small-scale farmers by increasing their production cycles or incomes,
- to support the economy,
- to produce healthy and nutritive food.
There is a growing need in the world for the development of agricultural production techniques which do not pollute air, water and soil, reduce the negative effect of erosion, soil salinity, and diseases and pests. Organic farming is an environmental-friendly production method, which aims to respond to this need.
Organic farming is a controlled and certified way of agricultural production, which does not harm human health and environment and which does not include the use of chemicals. Organic farming aims to protect the life-sustaining resources and natural life by maintaining the natural balance.
In organic farming, chemical and pesticides are not used in any stages including cultivation, harvesting, classification, packing, labelling, storing and transporting. Thus, the health of farmers and their families and eventually the society is protected and improved. As the use of organic farming methods extends, the possibility of catching a disease which requires an expensive treatment is reduced, positively affecting the economy.